Are You Fearing The Christmas Weight Gain?
Christmas is flying at us, but are you fearing the Christmas Weight Gain?
In 11 days time, you’ll be battling a food coma whilst still squeezing a few more Roses in.
You may opt for maternity pants, or like me, go pant-less. (it saves the pressure)
Christmas is a time for indulgence – Roses, Pints, Parties and late night Turkey Sandwiches.
The knife never leaves the side of the sink just in case you want another sandwich, right?
But while Christmas is a great time to chill out, catch up with friends and enjoy good food, many fear it.
If you’ve lost weight this year, you may have found you need to work so hard to see progress.
And you may fear that rebound in weight you get after a few days off plan.
But don’t worry.
It’s near impossible to gain lbs of fat in just 2 or 3 days.
If you see a rebound on the scales, it can be due to a few things:
- Increased volume of food inside you
- Water intake may not be as consistent (more like wine)
- Meal times will be much different
- Activity levels decrease
- Salt intake can be higher
- Carbs – yeah, literally everything at Xmas will be carbs central.
But after a few days of being back on track, you’ll notice you’re less bloated, you look slimmer and feel better.
Should you try and combat the Xmas bloat?
Here’s my view – It’s Christmas.
It’s a time of year to kick back, relax and enjoy yourself.
It’s only a few days each year so why not enjoy it?
There’s 360 other days you can focus on.
If you don’t want to feel like a complete sloth, then you can try some of these:
- Go for a walk each morning/after dinner. It gives you time away from indulgences, gets you moving and it’s generally great for the head.
- Eat plenty of lean meats and veggies so you mainly fill up on them and not sweets.
- Drink water – definitely when you get up try and get some water in. It’ll balance out the alcohol and you’ll feel more hydrated.
- Cap it to 2-3 days – instead of splurging for 2 weeks, maybe allow yourself 2-3 days where you completely clock off watching what you eat and then the rest you switch back to 80% good.
- And if you really love the gym, why not throw in a few quick sessions if it makes you feel good – BUT do not go in just to punish yourself for what you’ve eaten!!!!
But overall, if you’ve put the work in throughout the year, you can afford to enjoy those few days without stressing.
Then come the 2nd of January, you can dust yourself off and tear into your New Year Resolutions!
And if you think StrongLife Gym could be the place for you, why not take a 7 Day Trial for just €20.
That way you can see if you like it before committing.
You can grab it here: